Monday, October 6, 2008

What kind of person watches Dexter?

Since i have started this blog I have found myself talking about it more frequently with other people. Most of the time I find myself explaining the premise of the show and why I like it. Each time I explain what the show is about I wonder how strange it is that a show about a serial killer became so popular. He breaks laws,violates policies, and gets away with murder yet somehow you can't help but think of him as the good guy. I have to admit I even find myself approving of his own form of vigilante justice as he "takes out the trash" of society in order to save a life. I found it particularly interesting that Dexter point out to Doakes that the only difference between when he kills someone and a police offer kills someone is that he doesn't collect a paycheck for his kills. I think the fact that Dexter takes the law into his own hands to satisfy his urge to kill while also helping rid society of killers who have beat the system is why I think the show is so compelling. If you are interested in getting into the series, Showtime is running a special $25 rebate offer. You can order it on Comcast Cable TV or either of the Satellite TV Provider, DishNetwork or DirecTV. Be sure to check out my latest puzzle widget.

No comments: